Thursday 1 March 2012

Previous submissions and other publications

I found several submissions that have been designed for the ISTD 'It happened on that day...' brief just to see what kind of thing has been done. Like I had thought about there is a timeline submission which I like but I would want to create supporting material to run alongside it. I do want to make a range of deliverables which work as a range but a publication to be the main focus.
I really like the idea of a fold out poster, maybe something in the publication could fold out or have an insert in it which can be taken out and folded. Or possibly a range of posters supporting the publication.




This submission reminds me of a diary or journal and feels very personal starting with the packaging tied up in brown paper like a parcel. I like how it is broken up with maps and imagery and small passages of type.



I don't think this was a submission for a brief but is an example of how a range of small publications work together, so for this brief if I don't want to focus on one event I could maybe create a different publicaiton for each event but they would work together as a range.





No comments:

Post a Comment