Thursday 22 March 2012

Practise formats/folds

I made a few mock ups of fold just to see what I could work with. I drew down a few ideas first which I liked the look of because of their interactive elements.

These are some of the ideas I was looking into, I like the idea of something almost growing and revealing more as it is opened which is kind of how the concertina fold works.


 I thought about different ways I could incorporate the idea of music into a publication, looking at music books and manuscript and also the keyboard of a piano which I always used to make when I was younger when I took piano lessons, it is a very basic idea but the keys are very noticable and understood.


I took the concertina idea further to see what I could do with it, I looked at using the keys of the piano again and how this would create a continuous line of key when folded out.
 I mocked up a few of the folds in different scales and sizes. the hotdog fold isn't realy suitable for the kind of look I want this to have, I don't want it to be pretentious or copmlicated but want it to be relevant and interesting and although I could use this to fold out into a poster and include losts of different section, I don't like that there is a cut in the paper.


 I am working with a 8 fold concertina fold here, so there are 16 sides althogether which would give me a lot of space to work with without creating a booklet. At this time I'm not sure if this would be entirely suitable for the exhibition and for a guide but am going to explore it a bit further to see how it could work.

 This is the idea of the piano and the keys contining inside to create the idea of a piano. I do like this but am unsure if there would be enough space alongside all of the content.


No comments:

Post a Comment