Monday 5 March 2012

Film/ cinema type/logos

 A lot of the typefaces used for cinema which I have looked at are sans serif, I think these are most successful because they need to represent the brand and be placed on a range of promotion with a range of images, colours and text about different films and so it needs to stand out.


 The Leeds International Film Festival type is again sans serif and simplistic. Although I do think this works best I think this could benefit from splitting up the type or abreviating it so it's smaller.

 The use of a border allows the logo to be on its own and not get swallowed up by other imagery or colours.


 Symbols used to represent the cinema, I want to stay away from obvious imagery like clapperboards and film reels although they are relevant they have been used many times before. For signage or information they could work.
 I think the CORNERHOUSE logo, it's simplistic, uppercase and sans serif. It therefore represents the brand but doesn't overcopmlicate the page and then lets the imagery speak for itself. It also looks up to date and contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment