Wednesday 29 February 2012

It happened on this year... 1979

I want to focus this brief on Britain 1979 and the events that took place and shaped Britain and caused many issues throughout the country.

I've been looking at political events, music and culture, inventions and fashion.

 General brainstorm of events and ideas of what could be done with the brief and which direction I could go with. I could create a timeline of the year and include many events but I think I want to focus on something which has a lot of depth and maybe goes beyond the specific year and make this the focus rather than the year.
 One main thing that interests me is Margaret Thathcer as Prime Miniser, appointed as Prime Minister in 1979, her time as leader lasted until 1990 so this would go beyond the specified 1979 year but has a lot of depth to it and could make a substantial publication and deliverables.
I've also been looking at possible deliverables including a range of publications, a range of prints to go with this, a calendar style publication, promotion for the publication, a calendar style poster or promotion.

Other areas I have been looking at are music and post punk which came about towards the end of the 70's after punk. I  would really like to explore this but think it may overlap too much with my other brief on the reggaeexhibtion as I want to look into ska with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment