Thursday 15 March 2012

Layout ideas

After thinking more into how I can represent a concept through layout I have been playing with the idea of splitting. As Margaret Thatcher's decisions split the country and caused a huge divide in opinion.

With this idea of splitting I've been looking at what and how I can split the items within the publication, images, copy, pages etc.


I then experimented with a few images and some copy to see how it would look to split them.


 I do quite like the style of splitting the image up, I've trieds splitting into just two sections but then others multiple sections. I think with this image above it could represent how her victory divided the country into a love or hate for her.


 I also tried some copy as well but think this could be pushed further and explore the split idea more.

I then looked at pages and the actual format of the publication and how pages could be split. I've made a couple of quick mock ups to experiment with this by cutting down some pages which could reveal things behind on other pages etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment