Wednesday 8 February 2012

Film Festival

I decided that A2 would be a much more suitable size for an event like this to make more of an impact so I said this to Gabrielle and she was happy about that.

I started to play around with ideas, she said she wanted it to be quite simple but I wanted to have a concept behind the idea not just a design.


I first of all played with the idea of black and white to represent the clapper board used in filming etc but didn't want to use the shape or form of it so it wasn't too obvious. I then remembered that Gabriielle wanted colour for impact so tried a orange with the black and white but it looked like an animal pattern.

I then played around with more ideas and thought about using the idea of pixels as film is a screen based discipline. With this I could include lots of colour and represent the theme subtly.

This is my design which I sent Gabrielle, I changed the text around lots and am still not happy with it but if she likes the concept I can change it.



If she doesn't want to go with my design I still want to take the brief further and possibly create tickets, invitations, maybe a film guide etc to get more out of it and make it a bigger brief.



No comments:

Post a Comment