Tuesday 28 February 2012

Initial typeface

I tried out variations of styles of using angles and blocks within the name Anna and initials AM. A lot of them look quite playful and maybe and possibly steer too far away from the kind of image I want to portray for Anna.

I then tried out using just lines to create the letterforms, some more abstract than others and actually just looking like blocks and possibly not legible as actual letters. I think  I'd rather stick to actually altering a working typeface.

So I started to work with century gothic bold as a starting point to work from with altering the letter forms because of its simpllistic sans serif forms and angles and thickness. It isn't too bold that it looks childish and rounded and not too thin that it is unnoticable and wouldn't stand out.



No comments:

Post a Comment