Monday 23 January 2012

Copywriting

I've been looking into copywriting a bit because I think it's something I am starting to take an interest in especially after the talk from Tom from the Beautiful Meme.

I have found this from a previous winner of D&AD students awards who did a copywriting brief:

What are your top tips to someone who wants to get into copywriting?
As clichéd as it sounds: write something every day, listen to conversations on the street, observe human interaction and put yourself in other people's shoes. Sometimes writing can sound a bit too "salesy" because we forget we need to talk to people, not at them. Most of all, have fun! It definitely shows if you're trying to force creativity, so let loose and let creativity take over.

I've been trying to find the brief but unfortunately on D&AD you can't get old briefs and there isn't one this year. I was also talking to Ric Bell about it and he said he thinks I seem to be good at coming up with little lines of type so this has encouraged me to look into it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment